Create, and study with, flashcards
Posted by primastuti dewi on June 21, 2010
This simple study technique has proved to be one of the most effective study strategies for memorizing, used
- Best in quick or brief periods of time
and cost-effective in terms of time and money
- Conveniently “chunked” in small packs (Rule of 7-9 items)
at bus stops, on walks, in a line, etc.
- Either individually, paired, or in a group
- As a simple 3 x 5 card or a computerized program
- As a handy note-taking strategy
- As a matching game
- increased in difficulty
putting easy ones aside and focusing on the more difficult
- For quick review
- With words, pictures, illustrations, etc.
- Walking or pacing, spoken outloud, etc. taking advantage of alternate learning styles
- Distributed physically about a room for visualized identity
or the “Method of places”
Using flash cards is a very effective strategy for studying.
Flash cards are two-sided study aids that have
a cue, a question, a concept on one side
the “answer” on the other or opposite side: